Call for Entries: 6th Annual Altered Book Contest
It’s time for the 6th Annual Lucy Scribner Library Altered Book Contest! The winning entrant(s) will be presented with the coveted Lucy Scribner Trophy. Once the entries are in, come vote for your favorites.
To get ideas, check out our gallery of past contest entries:
Pandemic Edition 2020: Hedgie Contest https://libguides.skidmore.edu/hedgiecontest
- Contest is open to Skidmore students, staff, and faculty. Entrants may be individuals or teams. Limit one entry per person/team. To register, fill out this brief form.
- To accommodate remote participation, we will accept digital submissions. In lieu of turning in a physical book, we’ll ask you to upload images of your entry.
- We can supply you with a book or you are welcome to use your own. Just stop by the Circulation Desk in Scribner Library anytime to request a book to alter if you need one. (Rest assured these books are not from our current library collections!) If the building is closed due to our COVID alert level, we will leave the cart inside the first set of doors so you can still browse them when you feel like it.
- Need tools, supplies, and a place to work on your entry? Consider the IdeaLab – The official site for the Skidmore College Makerspace (skidmoremakerspace.com)
- Completed books will be accepted at the Circulation Desk in Scribner Library through 12:00 p.m. on Friday, April 9. Digital submissions should be submitted here by this same due date and time.
- Entries will be on display for voting in Scribner Library from Friday, April 9 through noon on Friday, April 16. Everyone on campus is invited to vote for their favorite altered books. The entry with the most votes wins.
For more information about altered books, see our Altered Books guide at: http://libguides.skidmore.edu/alteredbooks. If you have any questions or need help getting supplies because you’re in quarantine, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me or Johanna MacKay (email@example.com). We’ll see what we can arrange.