Eighth Annual Altered Book Contest
It’s time for the Eighth Annual Lucy Scribner Library Altered Book Contest! The winning entrant(s) will be presented with the coveted Lucy Scribner Trophy. Once the entries are in, come vote for your favorites.
To get ideas, check out our gallery of past contest entries:
[Pandemic Edition 2020: Hedgie Contest]
- Contest is open to Skidmore students, staff, and faculty. Entrants may be individuals or teams. Limit one entry per person/team. To register, fill out this brief form.
- We can supply you with a book or you are welcome to use your own. Just stop by the Circulation Desk in Scribner Library anytime to request a book to alter if you need one. (Rest assured these books are not from our current library collections.)
- Need tools, supplies, and a place to work on your entry? Consider the IdeaLab! https://www.skidmore.edu/idealab/makerspace.php
- Completed books will be accepted at the Circulation Desk in Scribner Library through 12:00 p.m. on Friday, April 7, 2022.
- Entries will be on display for voting in Scribner Library from Friday, April 7 through noon on Friday, April 17. Everyone on campus is invited to vote for their favorite altered books. The entry with the most votes wins.
For more information about altered books, see our Altered Books guide at: http://libguides.skidmore.edu/alteredbooks. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to get in touch with me or stop by the Scribner Library Circulation Desk. We’ll see what we can arrange.
Can’t wait to see what this year’s contest brings!