United States | New York | World
United States Resources
- National Atlas of the United States - provides a comprehensive, maplike view into the enormous wealth of geospatial and geostatistical data collected for the United States..
- United States Geological Survey (USGS)
- The National Map - the nation's topographic map for the 21st century, an online, interactive map service that provides access to high-quality, geospatial data and information
- Topographic Maps - Traditional print copies of 1:24,000-scale topographic maps, also known as 7.5-minute quadrangles, available for sale from USGS.
- The National Geologic Map Database - a searchable catalog of GEOLOGIC and other GEOSCIENCE maps from the USGS
- State Topographic Map Lists - from the USGS
- CIA Reference Maps - Central Intelligence Agency's maps on the web
- Library of Congress Map Collections: 1500 - 2002
- National Scenic Byways Online - The National Scenic Byways Program has compiled a
brief synopsis of each of the All-American Roads and National Scenic Byways. Each byway synopsis includes a map, a photo, a byway description, the byway length, and the approximate driving time.
- Yahoo!Maps - provides quick custom maps based on input zip code information.
New York State Resources
- New York State GIS Clearinghouse - a service of the NYS Office for Technology hosted by the NYS Library.
- NYS Gazetteer & GeoData Collection
University of Buffalo provides free access to the NYS Gazetteer and GeoData Collection, a searchable database of places, providing names, feature types, grid coordinates and other geographic information. Over 38,000 NYS geographic features are searchable by name, county, or USGS map quadrangle. The digital collection includes downloadable USGS topographic maps, such as georeferenced Digital Raster Graphics (DRG's), and are suitable for both general use and GIS applications.
- map-NY - assists users in locating New York State government services geographically.
Capital District Census Tract Maps - from the Capital District Regional Planning Commission website.
- United Nations Cartographic Section - links to regional world maps, country maps, and also a link to current UN peacekeeping deployment maps.
- World Factbook - from the Central Intelligence Agency, includes reference maps for all regions of the world.
- Background Notes - Background Notes are brief informational reports on a country. These are also available in our Reference Collection (REF G 59 U5).