The primary mission of the Interlibrary Loan Department is to support the research needs of the Skidmore College community by borrowing materials which we do not own from other academic institutions in the Capital District, across the U.S., and the world.
Books not available through the Library Catalog can often be borrowed from another library. Requests can be placed in the following ways:
- Search for, and then request, an item from ConnectNY (2-3 day delivery time; 6-week loan period)
- If an item is not available in ConnectNY, search for and then request it from WorldCat (3-7 day delivery time; 4-week loan period); look for the "Request via ILL" link on the item record to submit
- Book requests can also be submitted directly to Interlibrary Loan (3-7 day delivery time; 4-week loan period); log in and choose the "Book" option under the "New Request" menu
Journal Articles & Book Chapters
Requests for articles published in journals not currently owned by Skidmore, or from a particular issue not currently available, can be placed in two ways:
- Fill out an article request directly in Interlibrary Loan with the full citation information (1-3 day delivery time in PDF format); log in and choose the "Article" option under the "New Request" menu
- Submit a request from within many of the Library's research databases via the linkfinder link found in the article record (1-3 day delivery time in PDF format)
If a book chapter is needed, submit the request as you would an article request (1-3 day delivery time, usually in PDF format)
Hoge and Document Delivery
To access microfilm, microfiche, or journals marked with location "Hoge," the Library's on-campus storage facility, submit an Interlibrary Loan request (24 hour delivery time on weekdays). Book requests can be submitted directly through the Library Catalog by clicking on the "Hoge Building Requests" link located to the right in an item record.
Please visit our Hoge Building page for more information.